Amsterdam to Bruges – 7 days
Experience a quaint Dutch windmill, world-famous flowers, small European towns, historic cities, art history, Delft pottery and a distillery, all in one week!
- Arrive to a champagne welcome. Walk a short tour of Haarlem, visiting a restored Dutch windmill. Enjoy your first of many superbly prepared gourmet meals.
- Visit a colorful flower auction. Then at Lisse’s Keukenhof Gardens, visit the largest display of flowers in the world. End the day at Delft Pottery Works.
- In Rotterdam, visit the ancient vodka distillery of Ketel One. Cruise across the Hollandsch Diep Dutch estuaries to the fortress at Willemstad.
- Cross the border from Holland to Belgium. Land at the Flemish city of Antwerp. Tour artist Paul Rubens’ home and browse the old quarter of the city.
- Explore the town of Ghent and admire the amazing painting done by the Van Eck brothers, after winding up the “Sea Schelde” to get there.
- Cruise on to beautiful Bruges, known as the “Venice of the North.” Visit museums, buy lace or take a boat trip. On your last night, enjoy the Captain’s Dinner with Jan
Bruges to Paris – 11 Nights - 12 Days
During a fascinating two weeks, cruise the inland waterways from Bruges to Paris via canals, rivers, locks and tunnels, climbing over the Vermandois Hills of Picardie. Stroll the towpath. Visit masters of art like Monet and van Gogh. Learn war history at Peronne’s War Museum and the site of WWI’s armistice signing in Compiegne.
- Embark to a champagne welcome and a canal boat tourof Bruges. Visit Ghent and the van Eck painting, “The Mystic Lamb.”
- Discover the site of Napoleon’s battle at Waterloo.
- Visit a great Gothic cathedral in Amiens, and Peronne’s War Museum in the Somme Valley. Visit the train where the WWI armistice was signed in Compiegne.
- Stroll the town of Auvers sur Oise where van Gogh lived and painted many important works. Tour Giverny, home and gardens of Claude Monet which will be at peak bloom.
- Visit Malmaison, home of Napoleon. Cruise into Paris on the floodlit Seine past the Eiffel Tower, Grand Palais and Notre Dame.
Thank you for a magical week! It has been wonderful from beginning to end!
Bob & Judy Drotman